If you’ve ever thrown away your fruit because you noticed it had an extra layer of fuzz – that was mold you were seeing. Mold is a type of fungus that grows on dead organic matter. It is most often associated with the decomposition of natural materials, allowing nutrients to recycle through other ecosystems.
Where does mold grow in the home?
Mold can grow in damp, dark, or humid areas of your home, including, but not limited to:
- Storage Areas
- Recently Flooded Areas
- Plumbing Spaces
There are over a thousand known species of mold that all reproduce by sending out small spores that cling to clothing or fur and resist extreme temperatures and pressure. Mold is known to break down biological materials, including food and buildings with excess moisture, and can have serious effects on your health.
Symptoms of Mold Allergy
If you are allergic to mold, you may experience these symptoms:
- Watery and Itchy Eyes
- Chronic Cough
- Migraines or Headaches
- Respiratory Issues
- Sinus Problems
Allergies are not the only effect mold has on your health. Toxic compounds produced by mold spores ingested or inhaled over long periods can cause neurological problems and even death. It is important to have your home or building inspected by a mold removal expert if you’re experiencing any of these symptoms.
How is mold removed?
Once 24/7 Water Removal’s trained technicians determine mold growth in your house, they will follow a specific process to make sure the mold is removed quickly and safely.
- Moisture and humidity is measured to determine where mold is most likely to be growing.
- A HEPA (high efficiency particulate air) vacuum is used by a service professional to remove toxic particles.
- A boroscope can detect any hidden mold so nothing is left behind.
Mold growth is no laughing matter, especially when you and your family are at risk. Don’t hesitate to call 24/7 Water Removal experts for a mold inspection that will put your mind at ease.